Guardianship for a child in Masschusetts

Sometimes, there are situations in which an individual asks the court to appoint a guardianship for another person’s child. Of course, this can be a very confusing and overwhelming situation for a parent. If this is the case, the parent should be sure to retain the services of an experienced attorney as soon as possible. An attorney can inform the parent of all of their rights under Massachusetts law that pertain to the particulars of their situation.

One of the questions that often arise when guardianship is appointed to a minor child is whether the parent can still spend time with the child. The parent will be able to submit a request for visitation to the court during the period of guardianship. Other things that a parent may wish to request is to be able to accompany the guardian to doctors appointments or school-related activities, among other things. It is important to have an attorney that can allow you to work together with the guardian during this time.

If a parent wishes to regain custody of the child at some point down the road, it is important that they have the guidance of an attorney that can help them work towards that goal and protect their rights along the way. If you have questions about guardianship for a child, contact our firm today.

If you require compassionate and knowledgeable legal guidance for a matter of divorce, family or estate law, please contact the experienced attorneys at the Law Offices of Cynthia L. Hanley today. Our firm proudly serves clients in Mansfield, Massachusetts and throughout Bristol County.